Ingrid Goff Maidoff - Tending Joy

Celebrating Poetry, Beauty,
& the Sacred Essence of Joy

Good Mother, Welcome ~ Book Raffle

It was such a delightful surprise to have Goddess Leonie Dawson select my Good Mother, Welcome book as  #2 for her” list of top ten books I think every mama should read.

She said, ”

Ingrid sent this to me when Ostara was still a wee babe.

It was another one I sobbed over, creased up, and clutched to my heart.

It’s a love letter from the world to mothers.

Tremendously reassuring, loving, kind and soft.

Just what we need.

I can see why this book gets bought in the dozens to be sent as gifts to new mamas. It is truly remarkable.”

I was truly delighted to read this- how lovely!  I had a small flurry of orders, and of course wanted to give a copy away too.  If you, or someone you know, would like some mothering reassurance, toss a comment in, and I may pick your number from my teacup of numbered doves on Friday the 27th.

Tags: , Posted in MotheringJoy |

8 Responses

1. Robin Polster says:

I could really use some mothering reassurance right now–I try so hard but still feel like I do nothing (or very little)right.
    I have a 4 & 6 year old & my husband works a lot so I am on my own most of the time-help!

2. Nora says:

My Dear Friend Gail is about to become a grandmother for the first time. I’d love to give this book to her daughter who, of course, is about to be a mother for the first time as well!

3. katy taylor says:

what a wonderful gift this would be! i’m so happy to know that your compassionate, nurturing blessings are being spread in the world! thank you for the beauty you are, katy

4. Sharon Pellino says:

I tend to mother anyone in my path!!! I have had great fun sharing my fortunes.

5. Jean says:

This would be perfect since Mother’s Day is right around the corner.

6. Carol Martin says:

This is my favorite book of yours, Ingrid! Congratulations on making the list of books for every mother to read. I have given this book to so many new mothers-and I received a beautifully inscribed book from my daughter (she is the mother of three beautiful girls now) one Mother’s Day for myself. I try to keep extra books on hand so I will always have some to share.

7. Ingrid, I absolutely love your work and would be delighted to be gifted with a copy of Good Mother, Welcome. 🙂

8. Sandra Carr says:

I love this book AND my niece just had twins on Wednesday, I think she needs this book! so if I am gifted with this book, I will send it her!
    Sandra